Bible Lesson Packet Pick-up
Mondays 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
FLC parking lot
Ms. Rhonda will meet you at your car!
Looking for a fun new way to experience the Easter story at home? Try baking these EASTER STORY COOKIES with your children or grandchildren (or yourself)! Get your Bible ready-each step of mixing/preparing has a scripture reading attached. The idea is to prepare these cookies the night before Easter and open the oven Easter morning to enjoy the tasty treat!
1 cup pecan halves 1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar 1 cup white sugar
3 egg whites 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
1. Place pecans in a resealable plastic baggie. Crush the pecans into small bits. Read John 19:1-3.
2. Put vinegar into a medium bowl. Read John 19:28-30.
3. Add egg whites to the vinegar. Read John 10:10-11.
4. Sprinkle salt into the egg whites. Read Luke 23:27.
5. So far, the mixture isn't very appetizing. Add sugar and vanilla. Read Psalm 34:8 and John 3:16.
6. Beat with mixer on high speed for 12 to 15 minutes until stiff peaks are formed. Read Isaiah 1:18 and John 3:1-3.
7. Fold in broken nuts. Drop by teaspoons onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or baking sheet. Read Matthew 27:57-60.
8. Place cookies in the oven close the door and turn the oven OFF. Read Matthew 27:65-66.
Go to bed! Read John 16:20 and 22.
In the morning, open the oven and take out the cookies. Read Matthew 28:1-9. Enjoy!
Blessing and peace to each of you, Ms. Rhonda